Friday, April 11, 2008

Fashion doll!

I have been working on a paper doll for my fashion history class. We have to do a fashion journal for our final project, illustrating one look from each era. I chose to kill two birds and supplement my illustration portfolio by doing a series that would fit with the rest of my work. I am having a blast, but I have to admit that I may have taken on a bit too much! I have waaayyyy too much to do. Oh well. I love ones that I finished. Here are a few:

My "naked" doll. There was no way I was going to do a typical fashion illustration model. I like my girls with curves :)



A few pieces from the empire era - around the time Napoleon came to power in France. I did several more parts to this, but I love the simplicity of just the dress and poke bonnet.



The ridiculous "romantic" look. This was right with England's Queen Victoria started to reign at age 16 and her innocence inspired fashion for a while. The crazy hair style is called an "Apollo's knot".

No comments: