Monday, December 7, 2009

I need a camera

So...I need a camera.

No no, that's not right.
Let me rephrase:

...I need a good camera.

I need to be able to photograph my illustration work and jewelry without taking 100 shots of each to maybe have a few non-blurry shots. I need a camera that I don't need to hold for 4 seconds stock still while I wait for the lens to click open and close. I need a camera that is sharp and true to life that will let me take fabulous photos of Laura's wedding when I go to England this March.

I need a shiny, new, beautiful, semi-professional camera.



My problem is that most good cameras (like the one pictured above) are over my $250 budget.

What I would like is a digital SLR that is somewhere around 7 megapixels. However, I don't really know anything about photography. To be honest... I don't even know what SLR means. I know that it has to do with what you see through the viewfinder and that this makes it better - and significantly more expensive - that the non-slr models, but what I know pretty much stops there.

Its also tough to wade through all of the camera reviews that tend to get very technical and end up going right over my head.

However, the camera that I have at the moment has a broken screen, and makes all of my images look like this:



Not to mention that it was a hand-me-down from my little brother Matt:



Anyway, when photographing artwork, no matter how good a point-and-click is, it is nearly impossible for me to take a non-blurry picture.

It is incredibly frustrating.

Oh well.... better start saving up.
Thanks for letting me wine awhile anyway.

Here's what I am working on now:



Stay tuned to see where this little guy will end up!

No comments: