Sunday, December 27, 2009
This is It!
It is time to get serious about blogging.
This has been a task that I have been putting off for quite a while. Yes, there have been weeks that I have posted more than once, and I have said to my self - "This is going to be it..." but things have just fizzled. The thing is - as anyone who runs a weekly blog knows - the relationship that I am about to start with eschechtman.blogspot.com and with my potential readers is a serious commitment that should not be taken lightly.
I feel like I need to enter into a formal contract to start this off...
Something like, "I, the undersigned, hereby commit myself to upload a high quality written "blog" post accompanied by 2+ images at least twice a week. The post must meet the high standards set out by other successful blogs in a similar genre..." etc. etc.
Blogging is a lot of pressure. I am putting myself out there on the internet for the whole world to see. As a perfectionist, this is no easy task. This is scary! The words that I put here will be here forever. I can not underestimate that fact.
However, I do have a lot that I want to say. I want to promote myself, of course, and I have to admit that one of the main reasons that I am doing this is to drive more traffic to my Etsy site (Found here, hahaha). But I also want to share my art with the world, and show everyone what I can do. I want to promote other artists as too, and get people excited about all the amazing things that are happening in the Handmade world. I want to get people talking about Illustration, and talk about my heroes, maybe even get to interview them! This blog can go many places.
So, Here is what is coming to you. THIS is my commitment that I am making Right Now. This is my promise for what you are going to see:
1. At least 1 new post each week (maybe more, but never less)
2. More pictures of my illustrations and my jewelry
3. Posts where I explain my processes
4. Posts where I promote or feature other artists
5. A monthy etsy finds post (maybe more frequent, but that is what I am promising right now)
6. Posts about my heroes / inspiration
7. Posts about me
8. Pictures of my cats (cause they are the bestest ever!)
9. In-dept analysis of my favorite tools / art supply reviews
Mika the Cat!
Here are things that I would like to post about, but am not committing to at this time:
1. Posts about my wonderful adopted home / home town (its complicated) of Cleveland, OH
2. A weekly art-related post by my Boyfriend Ron
3. Posts about my cooking / baking adventures
4. Perhaps some vlog posts? (I do have a webcam on my imac)
Now I did just get my dream camera, so there are no excuses:
Ok internet, are you ready?? Because this is it.