Friday, January 22, 2010

Sketchy Sund... er... Friday....... whoops, where the heck did this week go?

SO.... these are some sketches... and it is definitely not Sunday... Oops.

Sorry everyone, this was a crazy whirlwind of a week! To make up for it, here are not 1, not 2, but 3 sketches for you viewing pleasure, straight out of the ole' picture book (and painted with coffee).

This time around, my pottery class is focusing on creating ceramics inspired by Asia for our annual spring show. Everyone is creating beautiful vases, dishes, rice bowls, tea sets, and so many more things. I, however, am finding myself developing a deep obsession with Sumo Wrestlers and Geisha Girls...








These pictures are really studies for future ceramic pieces. I am most excited about the sumo wrestler, just because I think that they are hilarious in the whole and will be awesome in clay. I actually started putting one together yesterday in class, so I'll let you know how that turns out!

On a side note, My new favorite place is a little hole-in-the-wall coffee shop in Strongsville called "the relaxing room". It has just opened and has delicious coffee that is inexpensive and padded booths that I loose hours in every week. It is my quiet time to draw in my sketchbook, and I cherish every minute I spend there. Owner Nate makes a mean cup of Joe too (um... by "mean cup of joe" I mean my usual gingerbread soy latte ;) What can I say?! I like sweet girly drinks! So Sue me!!).

Anyway... it is really fun to paint with the coffee and Nate asked if I would contribute some work to decorate the walls! Hmm.... I think its about time to develop a deep obsession with coffee and switch gears to make some beverage inspired work!

1 comment:

Ana said...

Love the sketches, the second sumo wrestler is adorable!

http://www.ToilTroubleStyle.com